The team at Copthorne Vets want to reassure you that we are here to look after the health and well being of your pets during these challenging times.
In response to social distancing recommendations and the restrictions that the government has placed on the movement of people, we are offering our clients telephone consultations for non-urgent cases. This will avoid any unnecessary contact and help to protect both our team and our clients.
How to book a Telephone Consultation
- Telephone the practice on 01743 360614 or visit our Book an Appointment page
- Ask the receptionist to book a telephone consultation for you, giving a brief description of your pets complaint
- The receptionist will confirm with you the telephone number you wish to be contacted on
- You will be asked to pay for the consultation at the time of booking so please have your debit/credit card details ready. The consultation fee is our normal fee, £38.14, if your pet is a member of our Healthy Pet Club you will receive a 10% discount.
- If you have any photos or videos of your pets complaint please email them to the practice prior to your pet’s appointment. The email address is email@example.com – please use your pets name and surname in the subject box.
- The veterinary surgeon will phone you at the time of your appointment to discuss your pet’s problem
- If necessary the veterinary surgeon will dispense medication for you to collect from the practice. Payment will be taken over the phone to reduce contact with the team when you collect the prescribed medication.
- If the veterinary surgeon recommends bringing your pet to the practice for a physical examination there will be no extra charge
We have increased our infection control measures at the practice which we are asking all clients to adhere to. On arrival at the practice please remain outside. Either phone the practice to let them know you are collecting your pet’s medication or attract the attention of the receptionist and a member of the team will come out to you. Your pet’s medication will be brought out to you.
We appreciate your patience and understanding and are doing our very best to continue providing your pets with the care that they need.